Regional Quality-of-Life Goals: NEORIO
Through the Northeast Ohio Regional Impact and Outcomes (NEORIO), The Center for Community Solutions examines health, social, and economic conditions facing residents in our region. This data is used by decision-makers to quantify needs, identify gaps, and prioritize resources. The initiative includes 16 Northeast Ohio counties: Ashland, Ashtabula, Carroll, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Mahoning, Medina, Portage, Richland, Stark, Summit, Trumbull, and Wayne.
For more information on NEORIO, please contact Emily Campbell at ecampbell@CommunitySolutions.com or (216) 781-2944 x357.
2015 Senior Briefs
This set of NEORIO briefs examines the characteristics of Northeast Ohio’s seniors (age 60+). For each of the 16 Northeast Ohio counties and the region overall, we look at
- Demographic patterns;
- Income data, including employment and income by source;
- Health information, such as insurance coverage, behavioral health, disabilities, chronic diseases, elder abuse, and cause of death; and
- Housing, like population in nursing facilities, tenure, and housing cost burden.
The 2014 update to NEORIO aligned our topical areas to be consistent with United Way’s community impact areas of education, income, and health. For the 16 counties in Northeast Ohio, we examine data on:
- Education: third grade reading competency, high school graduation rates, and educational attainment
- Income: labor force participation/employment, food insecurity, and housing affordability
- Health: infant mortality, chronic disease incidence, and health insurance coverage.
The first NEORIO edition, released in 2011, provided a comprehensive look at regional data pertaining to health, social, and economic conditions in Northeast Ohio.
- Health conditions: Prenatal care, low birth weight, teen births, Chlamydia, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, disabilities, behavioral health, health insurance coverage, and years of potential life lost
- Social conditions: Racial and ethnic residential segregation, child maltreatment, domestic violence, and elder abuse
- Economic conditions: High school graduation, educational attainment, employment, unemployment, income inequality, and renter housing affordability
Thanks to our NEORIO Supporters and Funders
Akron Community Foundation
Community Foundation of Lorain County
Family & Community Services
Medina County United Way
Portage Community Foundation
The Raymond John Wean Foundation
Saint Luke’s Foundation
Summit County Department of Job & Family Services
Summit County Public Health