The Cuyahoga County Council Health, Human Services and Aging Committee met on June 15, 2021 to discuss one contract, the OPTIONS for Independent Living program (a.k.a. OPTIONS). Administered as a master contract by the Cuyahoga County Department of Senior and Adult Services (DSAS), the program contract is worth $6,800,435.60 and is distributed through 26 different providers across Cuyahoga County. The contract agreement runs from July 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022, with an option to extend the agreement for one year until the end of 2023, depending on funding availability. The $6.8 million contract serves as an increased investment from the county. The contract used to be 12 months, funded at $3.6 million annually. The new OPTIONS master contract will total $2.2 million for the remaining six months of 2021 and $4.4 million in 2022.
The new OPTIONS master contract will total $2.2 million for the remaining six months of 2021 and $4.4 million in 2022.
Testifying on behalf of DSAS was Administrator Tracey Mason, Deputy Administrator Darlene Wade and OPTIONS Director Cynthia Mason. Mason opened by introducing OPTIONS to the newer committee members, explaining that OPTIONS is a program for older adults who meet certain criteria and provides a variety of services, including home repairs, home-delivered meals, and home care services. All such services are designed to keep older adults in their homes and out of nursing homes and assisted living facilities. OPTIONS is a highly successful program that has been in place for over 20 years, according to Mason. Mason went on to explain that the program served 2,000 people in 2020, an increase from the 1,700 individuals served the year before. OPTIONS enrollees live in each of the 11 county council districts.
The OPTIONS program served 2,000 people in 2020, an increase from the 1,700 individuals served the year before.
Council did not have many questions. HHSA Committee Chair Yvonne Conwell asked about the age ranges of program participants. Porter replied that county residents over the age of 60, or those who are 18-59 with a disability, are eligible. Individuals interested in enrolling can call 216-420-6700.
The OPTIONS contract was the result of a Request for Proposals earlier this year. Disclosure: The Center for Community Solutions was a part of the team that reviewed RFP responses for this contract. The contract was passed out to the committee under second reading suspension.
List of Master Contract Providers for OPTIONS
- Health Care, Inc. $365,448.29.
- ABC International Services, Inc. $13,716.33.
- Addus Healthcare (South Carolina), Inc. dba Arcadia Home Care & Staffing $53,702.87.
- Amin & Associates, Inc. dba We Put Family First $60,000.00.
- Caring Hearts Health Services LLC $63,583.33.
- Casleo Corporation dba Global Meals $2,817,888.20.
- Connect America.com LLC $255,491.54.
- Evolving Nurse $63,583.33.
- Family & Community Services, Inc. dba Mobile Meals $283,798.55.
- First Choice Medical Staffing, Inc. $125,180.22.
- Geocare, Inc. dba Home Instead Senior Care $180,000.00.
- Healthy Homecare Transportation, LLC $60,000.00.
- Home Care Relief, Inc. $352,856.62.
- Honor and Compassion Homecare, LLC $178,000.00.
- LHC Group, Inc. $38,500.00.
- PurFoods, LLC dba Mom’s Meals $300,000.00.
- Renaissance Home Health Care, Inc. $53,838.50.
- Rose Centers for Aging Well, LLC $196,888.90.
- RX Home Healthcare, Inc. $118,943.89.
- Senior Transportation Connection $145,730.51.
- Solutions Premier Training Services $301,348.69.
- TOBI Transportation $116,944.54.
- Transport Assistance, Inc. $45,526.75.
- U-First Homecare Services $133,295.00.
- Valued Relationships, Inc. $255,491.54.
- XCEL Healthcare Providers, Inc. $220,678.00.