On Thursday, March 4 Community Solutions hosted a webinar about college students accessing food assistance benefits.
Up until now, many college students have been barred from accessing SNAP (food assistance) benefits. However, due to the pandemic, the USDA is allowing new flexibilities so low-income “traditional” students can temporarily qualify for benefits.
- Chancellor Randy Gardner of the Ohio Department of Higher Education
- Tracy Green, Vice President of Strategic and Institutional Development at Lorain County Community College,
- Lisa Hamler-Fugitt, the Executive Director for the Ohio Association of Foodbanks
- Betsy Suver, Bureau Chief, SNAP and Cash Policy and Technical Assistance for the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Hope Lane, Public Policy and External Affairs Associate with The Center for Community Solutions.