Our 2024-25 State Budget Priorities
- We support moving to continuous Medicaid coverage for children up to six years old.
- We support increasing general Medicaid eligibility up to 300% of the federal poverty line for families and children.
Health and Human Services Safety Net
- We will seek to create a student loan ombudsman at the state level to help students and Ohioans with student debt to navigate the complex system upon graduation and support workforce retention.
- We will monitor impacts on families and children and identify ways to mitigate harm due to changes in SNAP and Medicaid.
- We continue to support the full implementation of OhioRISE, Ohio Medicaid’s program that provides comprehensive care for children with complex needs or multi-system youth.
- We are seeking additional funding dedicated to harm reduction in the existing line item at the Ohio Department of Health. including syringe services programs, naloxone distribution, and fentanyl test strips.
- We will monitor the implementation of the PACE expansion and ensure it is reaching those most in need of services.
- We will work to further increase support for adult protective services, especially in light of increased social isolation as a result of the pandemic.
Women’s and Children’s Health
- We seek Medicaid reimbursement for doula services and certification of midwives to practice in Ohio, consistent with Governor DeWine’s commitment to making Ohio the most family-friendly state.
- We are also committed to improving access to the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) in Ohio.